Monday, October 15, 2012

Norn Female: ArenaNet

ArenaNet Character Test

This last mod, I worked on the ArenaNet character art test. 

Image from ArenaNet website, here
Since these characters are designed for Guild Wars 2, it follows that the assets are extremely low poly. The most challenging part of the project was figuring out appropriate places to cut corners to keep the poly count down. 

Final Mudbox sculpt

This project was a learning experience. As I got later in the project, I had problems come up because of some weird decisions I made to the model early on. I could think of many things that I would change to make the different parts of the model and armor slightly better. 


I am pleased with how the character turned out. By the time I got to texturing, the frustration that I felt with sculpting has dissipated. 


Of course there are things that I would go back and fix on this, but for now, my norn lady is a done deal.