Sunday, April 14, 2013

Torchlight II - Steam Workshop

Hey guys! So I managed to go from start to finish, including finishing the mod and getting it published in the Steam Workshop, in a week! I really want to do some more weapons and make themed packs :) 

It took me about a day to figure out everything with how Torchlight references their materials to their meshes. I ran into all sorts of little problems that needed to be fixed, like having to create a left and right handed version of my mesh and getting a custom icon to work for my weapon. It was an awesome experience though. It's pretty simple once you figure it out.  




If you download the mod, this becomes a random drop. It's designed to be a legendary weapon towards the end of your first play though the game. 
I want to experiment with making scaling weapons. I think with Torchlight, that would be awesome if you wanted to keep and epic weapon you downloaded, and it just scaled with your level so you could use it all the time.